2016-17 Annual Report
Every year volunteers from across the province work together to create the AOA annual report. It’s a big pdf file of 60 pages and is the only document that represents the entire sport, province-wide.
What I most enjoyed reading in this year’s report were the Division Reports. Here are some highlights:
– A thriving Masters Series in TBay!!
– Twilight Training in TBay where the kids hit the slopes after school and train under the lights (so they miss less school)
– Northern Kids Spirit Camp in TBay
– Coach and “Coaches-To-Be” Camps in TBay
– NCO Ski Team consistently placing athletes on the Quebec and OST.
– Incredible volunteerism in NCD as seen at the U14 OCUP FINALS
– Five Level III Certified Officials in NCD last year!
– NOD working on FIS Homologation at Searchmont
– NOD attracting racers from all 4 AOA Divisions and Quebec
– NOD Marc Nielsen named Volunteer of the Year
– SOD introduces RACE FEST for the SOD Cup
– SOD Ski Team continues to grow with 24 racers in 2016-17
– SOD Coach Jenn Warren wins Alpine Canada Coach of the Year!
Also included in the report is news from our Officials Chair, Para Chair, SX Chair & Coach Facilitator, Sarah Edwards. You can also read the AOA Strategic Plan, Core Strategies, Financials plus interesting Membership statistics.
The report culminates a year of hard work from all AOA constituents. Special thanks to our Board of Directors including retiring member Kent Paisley and our Chair Peter-Paul Du Vernet, for yet another year of hard work and dedication to AOA. The new board will be voted in at the upcoming AGM on Sunday, Nov. 5th which I hope all of you plan to attend. Reports will be provided to each club at the AGM or please find the Annual Report online here.
Alpine Ontario Alpin