ACA Coach Education requires that coaches who are actively coaching in the current season to complete annual professional development activities in order to be “Licensed”. Click here to read the ACA Coach Licensing Policy.
The annual cycle is August 1 to July 31, credits earned between February 1 and July 31 apply to both the current cycle and the next cycle. Providing an 18-month window in which to accumulate licensing credits for any given annual period. It is the coach’s responsibility to complete licensing requirements.
Ongoing requirements vary based on accreditation:
- Entry Level Trained – 2 continuing education credits & 1 risk management credit
- Any other accreditation status – 4 continuing education credits & 1 risk management credit
Credits are achieved by completing:
- Any certification or professional development events run by ACA Coach Education including any of the online modules.
- Approved ongoing education activities offered by other agencies including clubs, PTSOs, CSIA, NCCP, other sports with relevance to skiing or other non-sport organizations.
- Risk Management credit hours must be ski coaching specific and be at least one hour in duration