Call for U16 Sport Chek National Championships Chair
Alpine Canada announced last month that Alpine Ontario has been awarded to host the 2018 U16 Sport Chek National Championships to run March 6-10th at the following four ski hills: Georgian Peaks, Alpine, Craigleith and Osler Bluff.
The 2017 U16 Sport Chek National Championships was hosted by Loch Lomond, Thunder Bay/Lake Superior Division and were a resounding success that had ski racing families from all across the country raving about the event.
Alpine Ontario is currently seeking an Event Chair for the U16 Championships.
THE U16 CHAIR IS SOMEONE…
- With amazing passion for this sport and wants to showcase this area to Canada’s best U16s and their supporters
- An incredible delegator, organizer, leader, visionary, go-getter who can make things happen
- Attention to detail and time management skills to keep the event on track
- Enthusiastic – such that others will follow and help!
- Strong administrator…you need to coordinator a wide variety of aspects including being the lead on the hotel contract, all 4 ski hills, community partnerships, communications channels (media, web, social media), etc.
- Strong social and networking skills…you will have to work with tons of people and represent AOA and our sport in the best possible manner
- Creative & Innovative…making the event fun off-the-hill is paramount..from the opening ceremonies to daily games at the bottom of the slopes…athlete awards banquet & more.
- Most of all you are a leader – you oversee everything and can make the 2018 Championships another memorable event for Ontario!
AOA/SOD WILL SUPPORT THE U16 CHAIR….
- AOA/SOD has secured an on-hill expert to oversee and manage all aspects related to the racing/competition portion of the event
- AOA has a fundraising expert joining the team who will work part time coordinating the event/fundraising portion of the event
- AOA communications staff can support you with web content, social media posts, press releases, media opportunities and daily coverage of the event
- ACA/AOA athletic support for managing the competition aspect of the event
SPECIFIC EVENT DETAILS TO MANAGE
- Coordination of all events at the host hotel including athlete banquet, meals, meetings
- The opening ceremonies…
- Daily fun activation off the slopes
- Budget management including raising funds with the assistance of the AOA team.
- The job should start now!
- Ideally you have your core team in place by October 1st
- Ideally you live in the Southern Georgian Bay area and are familiar with the communities of Collingwood & Town of Blue Mountains
- Bi-monthly update meetings October through to March; continual communications building to the event
This is a big task but a very rewarding one that you’ll see on the smiles of 100’s of kids, parents and their families visiting the Southern Georgian Bay area this March. Let’s make sure Ontario wows Canada so we can secure more high-caliber events in the years to come and continue a legacy for athlete generations to come!
Questions & Interested volunteers please email:
AOA Competition Manager
705-444-5111 x 128
Please also reach out if you are interested in supporting the Chair and joining the U16 Nationals Committee.