Job Posting: Assistant SODT FIS Coach
Title: Assistant Coach – Southern Ontario Division (SOD) Alpine Ski Team
Immediate Supervisor: Southern Ontario Division Head Coach
Location: Collingwood, Ontario
Alpine Ontario Alpin (AOA), the provincial sports organization for Alpine Ski Racing, Para Alpine Ski Racing and Skier Cross in Ontario is seeking a highly motivated individual with a high level of dedication and professionalism to fulfill the position of Assistant Coach for the SOD Ski Team. This individual will possess strong technical, planning and organizational skills as well as the ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
Implement and monitor an annual training and competition plan:
- Work with the other coaches/Head Coach to implement and monitor an annual training and competition plan.
- Support the technical and tactical ski-training program for the preparation and competition phases.
- Support a sport psychology plan for the team including appropriate goal setting and goal review practices.
- Ensure that vehicles used by the team are operated in a safe manner, kept clean, and that scheduled and other required maintenance is completed in a timely fashion.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all team equipment, ensure the equipment is operated in a safe manner and that maintenance is carried out as required.
- Participate in performance reviews on a bi-monthly basis and provide a written evaluation at the end of the competition phase.
- Supervise the work of any consultants (trainers, sport psychologists, etc..) hired to work with the team.
- Supervise the SOD Ski Team off-season physical training program, which prepares the athletes for the athletic demands of the sport at their current level and addresses their long-term development in the sport.
- Provide timely and effective communication to SOD Ski Team Head Coach, SOD Ski Team Committee, athletes, and parents.
- Ensure athletes and other coaches are made aware of all pertinent regulations and policies affecting the team including FIS rules, policies on performance enhancing drugs, CAST and OST selection criteria, and the athlete code of conduct.
- Provide a written Athletes report to the SOD Ski Team Committee at the end of each phase of the annual training plan.
- Submit expenses and financial reports per project or on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that the administrative needs of the team are well addressed: race entries, licensing, injury status, travel, accommodation etc.
- Track record of successful national coaching and/or racing experience/results at the FIS level.
- Exceptional communication and computer skills (both written and verbal).
- A proven track record in delivering alpine ski racing programs that are in line with the LTSD model is required.
- Minimum Level 2 or DL CSCF Coaching Certification (or International equivalent).
- Established and respected leader in the Alpine coaching community.
- Must be dedicated to excellence through creative and innovative approaches to skill development.
- Able to motivate high performance athletes.
- A university background in Physical Education or Kinesiology is an asset.
- Leadership skills and experience necessary to work within the organization and team structure.
Please submit resumes and three references to email@example.com by Friday, April 21st, 2017.
Contract: August 15th – April 15th.
Compensation will be reflective of experience and qualifications.