Alpine Program Administrator – Toronto Ski Club
Website Toronto Ski Club
This Position is Full Time – Seasonal, September 3, 2019 – April 26, 2020.
Terms of Employment:
- Full time, seasonal position.
- 5 days per week minimum. Holidays (except Christmas day), weekends and some evenings required.
- End of season performance review.
- Salary to be based on experience, in line with industry standards.
The TSC Alpine Program Administrator is responsible for the administrative duties associated with the planning and execution of all Alpine Programs offered at Toronto Ski Club (TSC). The Alpine Administrator is essential in all aspects of alpine programs administration, communication and organization.
This position reports directly to the Head Coach (HC) and Snow School Director (SSD).
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Alpine Programs Camps and Lesson Registration/Billing
- Adding and updating Jonas and Ski Club Pro sates items as needed
- Assist members who need help with the online registration process
- Billing for Alpine Programs including but not limited to; core programming, midweek training, camps, lessons, races and race entry fee charge back to athletes
- Weekly reconciliation of Jonas and Ski Club Pro to ensure accuracy of billing and registrations.
- Create class lists at the beginning of each program series (Christmas, New Year’s, 9 week and Spring programs)
- Track attendance of Thursday and Friday training and bill athletes accordingly
- Assist HC with organizing camps including but not limited to; travel, accommodation, food and fees
- Assist HC and Lead Coaches with creating a budget template and report variances upon completion
- Collect and ensure waivers are filled out for private lessons and daily program guests
- Work closely with Member Services team for Private lesson and daily lesson billing
- Receive and inventory Junior racing uniforms and distribute and bill members accordingly.
Communication – Members
- Preparation and delivery of scheduled and as needed member, program and staff communications (including a weekly Alpine e-blast and staying up to date on Team App)
- Camp communication and updates from HC and Lead Coach
- Alpine specific content for the TSC website and social media platforms Provide timely, courteous and accurate responses to member inquiries
Communication – internal
- Receive and pass along member feedback to the management team
- Contact Ski Patrol, HC and SSD if there is an injury and make sure incident report is filled out
- Maintain data for all staff, students and athlete injuries and return to sport policies manual
- Communication to other clubs and resorts, as well as internal communication to other departments and employees at the TSC
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
Payroll and general employee administration
- Assist with Employee Hiring Packages including entering into Jonas, verifying the pay rates and general payroll data entry
- Confirm coach/instructor licenses and membership certification dues with HC & SSD
- Bi-weekly payroll monitoring in Timekeeper (manual entry where required)
- Assist the HC and SSD with bi-weekly payroll submissions to the Assistant GM
- Submit employee expenses that need to be reimbursed on the payroll
- Submit additional hours as required for employees working outside of their contract hours
- Assist the HC and SSD with completion of Employee Action Forms
- Assist the HC and SSD by ordering staff passes through Blue Mountain prior to the start of the season
- Assist the Assistant GM with the reconciliation of staff passes at end of the season and reimburse staff purchased IKON passes
- Compile a list of staff who are eligible for Member Dues reimbursement based on number of days worked and submit to Assistant GM
- Assist with distribution, inventory and record keeping of all staff uniforms
- Assist the HC and SSD in maintaining Alpine budget
- Assist the HC and SSD in monitoring the capital budget and submitting capital purchase requests Responsible for submitting and coding monthly department expenses
- Responsible for reconciling the Alpine department VISA
Club Championships and Awards Banquet
- Organize/assist with Club Championships
- Manage club/athlete awards/bursaries
- Keep club championship medals and athlete/staff trophy inventory up to date
- Send Club Champion names and pictures to Park Signs to be printed on existing Club Champs board
- Assist HC and SSD with organizing and executing the Year End Athlete Banquet, including assisting with setting up the menu with Chef, ordering linens, recruiting staff to assist with room set up and organizing trophies for recipients
- Black Tie Blue Jean Alpine Fundraising event – assist with preparation and day of duties (recruitment of staff to help at the event and organization/billing of silent auction items to members)
- Staff Year End Party – order trophies for employee awards, assist with draw-prize organization and distribution
- Order and pick up lift tickets for all races hosted at TSC
- Invoice and charge visiting clubs for races at TSC
- Assist with race day preparations and help the Chief of Timing on race day
- Account for and reconcile all tickets not handed out and return back to Blue Mountain ensuring a receipt of both sides of the transaction
- Motivated, independent worker with high energy and enthusiasm
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft office, Jonas, Adobe
- Thorough understanding of budgets, control mechanisms and basic accounting is an asset. Ability to utilize multiple social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Understanding of ski/snowboard racing and instructing
- The ability to ski or snowboard is an asset but not a requirement
Full-time, seasonal position
Salary: $3,250.00 to $3,800.00 per month, 8 months (salary to be based on experience, in line with industry standards)
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Head Coach Nick Kwasniak email@example.com before July 31st, 2019.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org