Kickstart Your Season, Dec 5-7th!!
Mt St Louis Moonstone (MSLM), the Glacier Ski Club are Alpine Ontario are excited to host U10/U12/U14 athletes, all coaches and all officials to a 3-day BACK TO SNOW CAMP! Think of this as your opportunity to test out your new gear and dial in everything before you head to your first away camp. The camp will be lead by AOA’s U12 Athletic Consultant Bennett Carter and Mitch McDermid, Head Coach Glacier Ski Club along with leaders from the Canadian Ski Instructor Alliance (CSIA) and Canadian Ski Coaches (CSC).
DETAILS & SCHEDULE:
When: Dec 5-7, 2019
Where: Mt St Louis Moonstone
Who: U10-U14 athletes, all coaches and officials
What: Back to Snow Athlete * Coaching & Officials Camp!
- DEC 5, COACH & OFFICIAL’S COURSES: Entry Level Coaching Course and Level 1-3 Officials courses will be offered as well
- DEC 5 & 7, COACHES: 3-day on-snow coach education for all level of coaches – get all your licensing credits for the season, learn from the best in Ontario including CSIA Level 4 leaders and bring your athletes for a pre-season tune-up!
- DEC 6 & 7, ATHLETES: U10-U14 athletes – test out your equipment, skills and ski fitness in the early season before your December camps. On Friday you will participate in technical freeskiing with CSIA/CSC/AOA coaches and on Saturday you will run through gate environments.
- Connect with coaches and athletes from across the province and get your hands on some new AOA schwag and prizing for top skills winners!
- DEC 6 & 7, AOA ALUMNI: We will be inviting some of AOA’s legend alumni including Luke Sauder, Graydon Oldfield, Todd Brooker to evaluate and demonstrate skills, encourage the athletes and coaches and share their love for the sport.
- DEC 5-7, TOP ONTARIO COACHES: AOA has secured some of Ontario and Canada’s best coaches to evaluate and guide the athletes. Included so far are Pete Metzger, Brad Lashley, Ben Boriss, Peter Craik.
- DEC 6 & 7, AOA PARTNER SUPPLIERS will be on site to support the skills & drills and to be on site for equipment support.
- GS SKIS ONLY!
- BOTH DAYS ARE MANDATORY…Coaches & Athletes must commit to both the Friday and Saturday as Day 1 leads into Day 2. Sorry, we cannot accommodate 1-day participation.
- WIN GREAT SWAG & PRIZES! Connect with coaches and athletes from across the province and get your hands on some new AOA SWAG and prizing for top skills winners!
Please stay tuned to AOA’s social media and newsletter RACELINE for registration details coming soon.