**PLEASE NOTE** Coach, Official, Athlete registration IS NOW FULL– If you would like to be on the waiting list please email Lisa at email@example.com
AOA would like to thank our community for their overwhelming registration response, we are looking forward to hosting an amazing 2-day camp!
Mt St Louis Moonstone (MSLM), the Glacier Ski Club and Alpine Ontario are excited to host AOA athletes, Coaches and Officials to a 2-day BACK TO SNOW CAMP!
- When Is It? Friday & Saturday – Dec 6 & 7th.
- Where Is It?Mt St Louis Moonstone is located about 20minutes north of Barrie. Google map here>
- Who Can Participate?All registered AOA U10-U16 athletes, Coaches and Officials.
- Who is Running the Event?Only our very best!!! The camp will be led by AOA’s U12 Athletic Consultant Bennett Carter and the Head Coach Glacier Ski Club Mitch McDermid. Joining Bennett & Mitch will be many of Ontario’s best and most qualified coaches including Craigleith Head Coach Dave Campbell, Georgian Peaks coach Peter Metzger (recently named to the CSIA Hall of Fame), Peter Craik, Rick Cook and many others.
- What’s the Point of this Event?Athletes will come away from KickStart stronger and more confident on their skis. Athletes and coaches will learn together about skill development delivered by the province’s top coaches and instructors. Skills are the foundation for great racers – join AOA in building that foundation for future ski race excellence!
- I’m an Athlete What Do I Need to Know?The 2-Day camp is your opportunity to test out your new gear before you head off on your first away camp or simply start your season with your club. It will be a very fun 2-day of technical free skiing and fun drills. On Friday you will participate in technical freeskiing with CSIA/CSC/AOA coaches and on Saturday you will run through gate/skill environments.
- What Kind of Skis Should I Bring?GS skis ONLY!
- I’m a Girl! Is There Anything Special Going on for Us? Yes! On Saturday, Dec 7th we are hosting a 2-hour, 8:30am-10:30am, fun-filled, non-competitive indoor event for girls that connect participates with inspiring female athlete role models and equip them with empowering skills for sport and life. This is included in the Kick Start fee and completely optional – you can add it to your on hill experiences or not – it’s up to you. Learn more about Fast and Female
- I’m a Coach – What do I Need to Know? The 2-day coach education is for all levels of coaching. Coaches can get all their licensing credits for the season, learn from the best in Ontario including CSIA Level 4 leaders and bring their athletes for a pre-season tune-up!
- I’m an Official – What do I Need to Know?The Officials course details for both the Level 1 & 2 courses are posted on the AOA website here>
- Who Else Will Be There?AOA partner and sponsor Sporting Life will be attending to support the coaches and athletes.
- Will Anyone Famous Be There? You bet!Todd Brooker – Olympian, Crazy Canuck and World Cup DH Champion will be working with the kids along with legendary skiers such as Larisa Yurkiw, Graydon Oldfield and Luke Sauder.
- How Much Does it Cost? The 2-day price for Athletes is $170.00 and for Coaches, it is $50/day. Please log in to register here>
- Do I Have to Go for Both Days?Yes! We are asking the athletes to commit to both day since Day 1 leads into Day 2. Besides 2-days is way more fun!
- Do I Have to Sign Up With My Coach?No! Coaches can attend with or without their athletes, and athletes can attend with or without their coach.
- What Time Should We be There?Athletes and Coaches check-in at 8:30 am on both Friday and Saturday.
- What Time Will it End?Athlete pick up will be at 2:45 pm. Coaches will be done at 3:30 pm.
- Is Lunch Provided?No so please ensure you pack a healthy lunch. Foodservice is provided for purchase.
- Will this Event be Super Competitive? No! This is not a ski race in any way! BUT thanks to our great partners at Sporting Life we will have some fun swag & prizes to give away.
- Is There a Full Schedule I Can Print?Yes! Just click here>> Kick Start Dec 6-7 Info Sheet to keep on hand leading up to the event.