National Coaches Week is almost here!
National Coaches Week is almost here! This year the CAO will be providing FREE professional development webinars and lunchtime Q&A sessions for coaches! Both of these opportunities will be FREE to all coaches during National Coaches Week in Ontario, and award coaches 1 PD Point! Help us reach your coaches with this opportunity by sharing the information below. Feel free to share with your coaching community!
Ask The Experts
For National Coaches Week, the Coaches Association of Ontario is excited to release the official registration for our FREE professional development webinars and coach lunch and learn sessions!
These sessions covering current topics that are relevant for Ontario coaches. Sessions will run from September 21st – 25th will provide coaches with the opportunity to ask questions to top sports experts and earn professional development points for both sessions.
Did we mention that the lunch & learn sessions will be hosted by courtside reporter Raptors 905 & NBATV Canada’s Akil Augustine?!
Lunch & Learn – 1 PD per participant
Our lunch and learn sessions will be held each day from 12 PM – 1 PM EST. Each session will include 30 minutes of open Q&A from participants (that’s you!), so bring your questions! Don’t miss this opportunity to get answers to your burning sport leadership questions.
- Sept. 21st – On Coaching with NBA Coach Roy Rana
- Sept. 22nd – Physical Activity in the Year of COVID-19 with ParticipACTION
- Sept. 23rd – Talking Sport & Inclusion with Hijabi Ballers
- Sept. 24th – Parasport Coaching with two Para Sport Ambassadors
- Sept. 25th – Safe Sport 101 with Olympian Allison Forsyth
Professional Development Webinars – 1 PD per participant
Our evening professional development webinars will be held from 7 PM – 8 PM EST. Each session will allow participants to gain 1 PD point while hearing from top sports experts.
- Sept. 22nd – Managing Self – The application of mindfulness in the context of sport with Jeff Overholt
- Sept. 23rd – Empowering Girls through Positive Coaching with Jane King
- Sept. 24th – Mixed Ability Sport and engaging your athlete with the Abilities Centre
Free eLearning Modules
National Coaches Week is an opportunity to continue your coach education! Log in to the locker to gain access to FREE eLearning modules from the Coaches Association of Canada.
- NCCP Coaching Athletes with a Disability
- NCCP Making Headway in Sport
- NCCP Emergency Action Plan
- Safe Sport Training
- NCCP Coach Initiation in Sport
These modules are FREE from September 19th – 27th.
National #CoachesWeek is soon approaching – and while courses and programs are filling up, there are still ways to stay involved throughout the week:
- Tune in to the Ontario Coaching Excellence Awards on September 19th – link coming soon
- If you’re a club/organization, order a FREE National Coaches Week Flag by simply filling out the form HERE
- Join the conversation on social media by tweeting #ThanksCoach