NSA: Head of School Job Posting
National Ski Academy
The home of ski racing and academic excellence
Job Title: Head of School
Job Type: Full Time
Location: 200 Oak Street Collingwood, Ontario L9Y 2Y1
The National Ski Academy (NSA) is a non-profit registered charity that was established in 1986 to provide an environment for student athletes to maximize individual potential through the pursuit of alpine ski racing excellence, academic achievement and personal growth.
The NSA prides itself on its comprehensive academic programs and “education that travels”. NSA graduating students have achieved a combined average of 84% over the past five years and gained acceptance and scholarships into some of the top Canadian and US universities.
The NSA offers integrated Academic/Fitness/Ski Racing programs with boarding as an option. These programs have helped to develop exceptional student athletes, including Ontario and National Team ski members and many of the top coaches in the country.
With a 30 year history of success, we face the dawn of a new era and the next generation of high performance student athletes. This creates a very special opportunity within the NSA for a “renaissance” woman or man to lead our education programs and shape our academic environment going forward
The new Head of School will form part of the leadership team alongside the Executive Director, Head of Athletics and Director of Operations. The Head of School will support a small, but dynamic group of teachers, create strategy and fulfill the administrative duties of an independent school principal. Your zeal and experience at work and play will help to create outcomes that make the National Ski Academy the leading ski academy in North America. Your ability to work at a high level with a multi-disciplinary team will result in excellence across the broad spectrum of school, sports, citizenship and wellness.
Built in 1893, “Tornaveen” is one of the town of Collingwood’s heritage mansions and is home to the NSA. Collingwood is adjacent to the Blue Mountains and is on the southern shore of Georgian Bay. We are approximately 90 minutes from Toronto International Airport. The history and prosperity of the town was built with a creative and entrepreneurial spirit similar to that of the founders of the NSA.
The National Ski Academy is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from any qualified applicants.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with extensive program and or academic management experience to grow and further develop the NSA. The successful candidate will partner with the Executive Director and work collaboratively with a high-performance Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience and acumen in the five core educational leadership capacities:
1. Setting Goals
2. Aligning Resources with Priorities
3. Promoting Collaborative Learning
4. Using Data
5. Engaging in Courageous Conversations
Specific requirements will include, but are not limited to:
• Minimum B. Education degree with at least 5 years of experience in a senior program and or academic management position
• Principal’s Qualification Program – minimum Part 1, Part 2 preferred
• Qualifications in Guidance and Career Education would be an asset
• Previous experience managing human resources function including personnel, compensation and recruiting
• Effective implementation of strategic planning initiatives
• Demonstrated knowledge of experiential learning initiatives
• Knowledgeable and experience in the use of technology, digital platforms, mobile apps etc. for learning
• Analytic and decisive decision making with the ability to prioritize to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
• Budget development and oversight experience
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace
• Use of analytical thinking to make critical decisions and solve business problems
• Capacity to build consensus among conflicting points of view through active discussion
• Ability to look at situations from several points of view
• Effective delegation of responsibility
• An approach to operational management that is action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible and innovative
• Knowledge of ski racing and/or high performance athletics
Our growing organization offers exceptional potential for a long-term career opportunity. If you are a qualified principal and educator looking for a challenge, a change and being part of an exciting organization, please begin the journey by submitting your curriculum vitae along with a cover letter and at least two appropriate references that we may contact to email@example.com before March 24th,
To learn more about the NSA, please visit our website at www.nsa.on.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. We will confirm receipt of your application in a timely manner.