Quest For Gold
The Quest for Gold Ontario Athlete Assistance Program (OAAP) provides support to Ontario’s amateur high performance athletes. Specific objectives of the Quest for Gold Program are:
- To help athletes continue their pursuit of athletic excellence at the highest levels of national and international competition;
- To encourage athletes to stay in Ontario to live and train;
- To compensate athletes for earnings lost while training during their summer school break;
- To enable athletes to successfully pursue excellence in sport while fulfilling their educational goals;
- To increase athletes’ access to high performance coaching; and
- To enhance training and competitive opportunities available to athletes.
The Quest for Gold Program is funded from net revenues generated by the Quest for Gold lottery, created by the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG).
Alpine Ontario Alpin has entered once again into an agreement with the Ministry of Tourism Culture and Sport (MTCS) to participate in the administration of the 2014-2015 Quest for Gold – Ontario Cards.
The Quest for Gold Ontario Athlete Assistance Program (OAAP) 2014-2015 is funded by the Government of Ontario, through the Ministry of Tourism Culture and Sport (MTCS). The program will provide direct financial assistance to Ontario athletes through an “Ontario Card” designation. The intent of the OAAP is to provide funding to individual athletes based on their demonstrated commitment to high performance sport, allowing them to pursue athletic excellence at the highest levels of national and international competition.
The AOA Board and the Ministry have approved the ‘Selection Criteria’ and it is now posted below. Athletes wishing to be nominated must submit all required information. This season represents a significant change to the OAAP program with the NCAA acceptance of this program.
Click on the links below for more information:
Quest for Gold Program Now Accepted by NCAA
**PLEASE REVIEW THE SELECTION CRITERIA CAREFULLY AS THERE HAVE BEEN SOME CHANGES**
If you have any questions please contact Brad Lashley at the 705.444.5111 x 121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.