WHAT IS AOA & WHAT DOES IT DO?
Alpine Ontario Alpin (AOA) is the official provincial governing body for alpine, para-alpine and ski cross racing in Ontario. AOA, together with its provincial partners, is affiliated directly with Alpine Canada, Canada’s national body for ski racing. AOA is the parent organisation to four regional divisions in Ontario: National Capital Division (NCD), Lake Superior Division (LSDA), Northern Ontario Division (NOD) and Southern Ontario Division (SOD). Each division governs their regional clubs; there are 40 registered clubs from the four divisions.
AOA has over 30,000 affiliated members; including athletes, parents, coaches, volunteers, officials, and corporate partners. AOA governs programs for skiers of all abilities from the U10 age category, up to the Masters Category.
The AOA headquarters are based in Collingwood. AOA has six full time office staff dedicated to operations, administration, communications and athletic and technical development, as well as a staff of up to six highly qualified coaches on staff working with the Ontario Ski Team and the Southern Ontario Ski Team (SODST). The organisation as a whole is governed by an elected independent Board of Directors.
Alpine Ontario Alpin is primarily dedicated to organizing, directing, funding and supporting ski racing in the province through fundraising, education and athlete development programs, race organisation, and acting as the provincial body for compliance and regulations in ski racing.
Recognized as a world class organization and the provincial leader in Canada in alpine and para alpine skiing
To Provide leadership and structure for high quality, sustainable and affordable programming, and communicate the competitive, recreational and lifestyle benefits of ski racing to the community.
Excellence, Passion, Competition, Fun, Safety, Sportsmanship & Fair Play, and Personal Development
Please learn more about AOA by downloading the Annual Report and/or Strategic Plan.
*The AOA year end is June 30th with audited financial statements completed late summer each year.
Our members are important to us! Please ensure you are familiar with the following Membership Benefits
AOA is committed to ensuring our members receive the best possible benefits in-line with their membership class, including:
- Special 10% membership discount at Sporting Life stores across Ontario. Members will receive the AOA blue card in the mail each fall.
- Special AOA 10% promo on all Après Living Merchandise
- Special 50% off their first HelloFresh grocery box!
- Access to the National Points System (ACA Points)
- Provision of Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance, Directors and Officers (D&O) insurance for members and clubs who are within the Alpine Canada Alpin insurance umbrella.
- Ability to purchase affordable adequate sport accident insurance (SAIP)
- Access to educational programs and resources including;
- Coach certification programs and documents
- Officiating certification programs and documents
- Access to tools, resources and programs for athlete development
- Access to provincial race series (OCUP) and regional supported circuits across the province
- The ongoing development and maintenance of AOA/ACA rules and policies with the assurance that all sanctioned alpine, para-alpine skiing and ski cross events comply with FIS and IPC regulations
- Being a beneficiary of nationally and provincially hosted events, including;
- U14 & U16 Provincial Championships (OCUP Finals)
- U16 National Championships
- Ontario Winter Games
- SX Provincial Championships
- Being a beneficiary of communication services, including;
- Website (links, highlights)
- E-Blasts (Newsletters)
- Social Media
- Access to AOA equipment – bibs, flags, gate panels etc.
- Streamlined FIS race entry process through a national system
- Access to funding opportunities and support
- Access to joint marketing opportunities
- Being a beneficiary of AOA lead projects including U14 and U16 Can-AM and Whistler Cup
- Access to bursaries and grants
- The knowledge that you are an integral component of the National and Provincial alpine, para-alpine and ski cross community
Your membership in turn also contributes to funding the development and provincial team programs of Alpine Ontario Alpin to ensure the longevity of world class ski racing.