The Quest for Gold Ontario Athlete Assistance Program (OAAP) provides support to Ontario’s amateur high-performance athletes. The Quest for Gold Program is now in its thirteenth year. The program will have provided over $109 million by the end of the fiscal year 2016-2017. Quest for Gold – OAAP funding is intended to assist athletes in meeting the costs of training, living, tuition and competition. In addition to this direct financial support, Quest for Gold funding also supports programs for coach training and competition opportunities, elements that are designed to provide you and other athletes with the support you need to achieve excellence. Quest for Gold is a key component under the Excellence Priority of Ontario’s Sport Plan Game On, supporting athletes to pursue excellence in high-performance sport.
Specific objectives of the Quest for Gold Program are:
- To help athletes continue their pursuit of athletic excellence at the highest levels of national and international competition;
- To encourage athletes to stay in Ontario to live and train;
- To compensate athletes for earnings lost while training during their summer school break;
- To enable athletes to successfully pursue excellence in sport while fulfilling their educational goals;
- To increase athletes’ access to high-performance coaching; and
- To enhance training and competitive opportunities available to athletes.
The Quest for Gold Program is funded from net revenues generated by the Quest for Gold lottery, created by the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG).
Alpine Ontario Alpin has entered once again into an agreement with the Ministry of Tourism Culture and Sport (MTCS) to participate in the administration of the Quest for Gold – Ontario Cards.
The Quest for Gold Ontario Athlete Assistance Program (OAAP) is funded by the Government of Ontario, through the Ministry of Tourism Culture and Sport (MTCS). The program will provide direct financial assistance to Ontario athletes through an “Ontario Card” designation. The intent of the OAAP is to provide funding to individual athletes based on their demonstrated commitment to the high-performance sport, allowing them to pursue athletic excellence at the highest levels of national and international competition. For more information please visit the Quest for Gold website here>>
2018-19 Quest for Gold Program Details
Athletes wishing to be nominated must submit all required information. Please read the criteria in full.
If you have any questions please contact AOA Competition Director, Robyn Skinner at the 705.444.5111 x 128 or email email@example.com.