AOA hosts many coach development opportunities throughout the year including high-performance coaching projects and women in coaching.
Click here for more on the Spring 2020 Virtual Coach Education Sessions we are running.
2020 WOMEN IN COACHING PROGRAM
This program is open to all female Development Level and above (DL+) coaches from across Ontario who will learn, contribute and network alongside top female mentors and alumni at the Women’s Nor-Am in Collingwood Feb 4-8, 2020. Coaches will be provided access to the Nor-Am field of play to observe, participate and learn about high performance coaching and sport, de-brief with Ontario Ski Team coaches, participate in team building and workshops in a fun, social, inclusive environment. Accommodations, lift tickets, meals and professional development opportunities will all be funded by AOA. 15 candidates will be selected for this opportunity.
- To develop elite female alpine ski coaches, who in turn will act as educators and mentors to other aspiring female coaches in Ontario;
- To create a supportive, professional female coaching culture in Ontario;
- To encourage promising female alpine ski coaches across Ontario to reach their full coaching potential.
- To create opportunities for female coaches to further develop their skills and confidence alongside peers and mentors.
- To prepare female alpine ski coaches for the next step in their development pathway – trained to certified or preparation for next level in their professional pathway.
- To expose female ski coaches to high performance environments in Ontario.
- Increase the number of female alpine ski coaches in the Development Level certified and Performance Level;
- Increase number of female alpine ski coaches working full time in the sport at the high performance level;
- Increase number of female mentors in the province of Ontario.
Mentor Lead: Jennifer Stielow, MSc, CSCS, ChPC Senior Manager, Coach Education, Alpine Canada Alpin.
Mentors: Sarah Edwards, Manager of Coach Education and Delivery, Alpine Ontario Alpin and more!
Mentor Support: Ontario female Ontario and Canadian Alpine Ski Team Alumni.
- Female coach must be DL trained or above preferred.
- Must be employed currently with an AOA member club as a coach.
- Must be actively working towards coach pathway progression.
- The Ski Club will support the mentee nomination and pay their daily salary rate Feb. 4th through Feb. 8th. AOA will require written confirmation from club.
- Complete the application including submitting a letter of recommendation from a current or past supervisor and confirmation of salary coverage by home club.
- Applications will begin being accepted Wed Nov 12, 2019.
- Why are you interested in participating in the 2020 Women in Coaching Program?
- Are you available from Feb 3-Feb 8th to participate in the full project?
- How long have you been alpine ski race coaching?
- What age group do you currently coach?
- What are your 5 and 10 year goals as an alpine ski race coach?
- Do you work with any other kick ass women at your club?
- What are you hoping to gain as a result of participating in this opportunity?
- Who has been your mentor or inspiration in the alpine ski race world?
- What are some challenges you have faced as a ski coach and how have you overcome them?
Applications are now closed.
Any questions please contact Robyn Skinner at email@example.com.